About Atlas Obscura
Atlas Obscura is an online magazine and travel company led by American journalist David Plotz. It was founded in 2009 by author Joshua Foer and documentary filmmaker/author Dylan Thuras. It catalogs unusual and obscure travel destinations via user-generated content. The editorial articles comprise a mixture of feature and news articles on topics including history, science and food, in addition to travel and exploration, as well as hosting a collaborative, definitive guide to the world’s most obscure places. (SOURCE: Wikipedia )
What We Love About It
- Atlas Obscura is a treasure-chest full of fresh, hyper-local adventures every day.
- The web site is well laid-out, with large print and easy-to-find stories.
- One of the best things about this portal is that the adventures are submitted by it’s users, and curated to ensure accuracy and relevance.
- There is no cost to participate and guests can save their favourite foods and destinations to plot out future adventures.
- The experiences are some of my most unique and compelling you’ll find anywhere.
- Perfect for finding last-minute micro-adventures in your area.
⯈ Portal: https://www.atlasobscura.com/
⯈ YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/atlasobscura
⯈ Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/user6438143
⯈ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/atlasobscura
⯈ Twitter: https://twitter.com/atlasobscura
Have you ever used Atlas Obscura to find new adventures? Have you contributed a unique food or destination from your own city or town? From an adventure beyond? What do you like best about it? What was your favourite find?